Saturday 25 August 2012

5 Minutes work...10 hours Break...

So I think that I pretty much take out all the awards for best procrastinator ever. However, I am sure that I have some very stiff competition considering the amount of students there are out there. I don't know about you, but I have gone to some strange and highly unproductive lengths to avoid the dreaded thing that is study. Social networking sites are my weakness. So this post is about my journey into the world of what I see as anti-social networking.

Before anything, there was Facebook. No, I did not fall into the peril and complete social destruction of myself with creating a Myspace (Thank God). Facebook was originally a "Let's keep in contact with people after finishing Grade 12" mechanism. Slowly, with the beginnings of study at University, it transformed into hours of clicking through pointless, yet hilarious, Law School Memes, hundreds of status updates of song lyrics and stalking friends of friends.

It did not take long before Facebook grew boring and was not enough to cure my dying need of procrastination...So I make a Tumblr blog. For those of you unfamiliar with this site...its essentially a blog of photographs that you "reblog" from others...it's this whole big chain thing. Anyway, I could literally spend hours on there...scrolling through thousands of creative, yet repetitive photographs and sayings. Where Facebook I express my emotions through status updates...Tumblr they are expressed through photography and sayings. Well...eventually I got fed up with having to scroll through so many photos...I felt like I was actually wasting time (not that I ever moved on to anything productive).

And then...*Enter Twitter*...the complete and utter demise of my social life (in real life). For someone who has never really been in the spotlight or who has always just stuck in the shadows, quietly achieving...I somehow managed to get over 1,000 beautiful followers. Of all the social networking sites I run, Twitter would be one of the best. I have become amazing friends with people all over world that I will probably never meet. I share in obsessive fangirling over TV show, bands and movies with some just as crazy and fanatic people. Despite all these good things, I think I am addicted to Twitter :S However, I want to thank all those incredible people that I know will read this...you know who you are, and I love you all :)

Oh, and just in case Facebook, Tumblr and Twitter weren't enough tools for procrastination, I also started this blog. So currently I have wasted about 15 minutes so far writing this entry! The tabs at the top of my computer screen currently read (in order of being opened):

Facebook >> Twitter >> Hotmail >> Gmail >> Tumblr >> Blogspot >> Youtube >> QUT.

Not only have I discovered all of these. I also find myself watching endless music clips on Youtube (which I then post to facebook), Bryan Stars interview, Jenna Marbles videos (that crack me up) and of course Band interviews. OH! And not to mention staring at the site "Stumble Upon" and constantly scrolling through hundreds of hilarious, stupid and just plain weird images and jokes (dont start...cause you wont stop).

Apart from social networking sites online...I have also managed to clean my room numerous times, decorate "Wish" jars, cover my walls with posters, update photos in frames, decorate boxes, colour in my Assessment Calendar (Which I put down as productive work), sort my highlighters into colour order, stack CD's in alphabetical order, make 10 coffees, eat a whole packet of Starburst Snakes, become a volunteer for Make a Wish Foundation, slides around on tiles with socks on, watch about 4 hours of Youtube clips on "Sleeping With Sirens: Real Funny Guys"...and the list honestly goes on.

Anyways, as your probably would have guessed, this whole post was purely for procrastination purposes. Thank you all for listening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment