Saturday 16 February 2013

Time flies

"Sometimes you don't know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory."

Each and every second of the day holds value once it becomes a 'remember when' moment. Over the last 24 hours I have realized that the moments I didn't give a second thought at the time, are the moments I remember most. The last two months with my American boy have been the happiest months I have had. Of course I remember the big events, yet somehow the smaller every day moments are what I think of most.


As I said goodbye to him at the airport just yesterday I knew that I was saying goodbye to a part of myself as well. Never did I think I would walk around my own house and be reminded so much of a person who resided here just a couple of months. It is just now that I realize it's not the trip to Sydney or the Gold Coast that makes me miss him, it's the smaller things. Waking up to his empty bed, no kiss good night, his glass that he always used sitting on the top of the fridge and the little pieces of his personality he left behind. 

The streets around the block are no longer just streets, they are the streets we would go for a walk along and talk non stop and hold hands. The shopping centers are no longer just shopping centers, they hold memories of getting KFC or photos printed together. Buying food is no longer simply grocery shopping, it's remembering all the things we bought together like energy drinks, red grapes and top deck chocolate. Eating breakfast is no longer just the first meal of the day, it's remembering we don't have to buy peanut butter and honey anymore or it's not eating breakfast at 12 am. 

There is not a second that goes by that I am not thinking of him or missing him or reminded of him and all the times we spent together and the memories we made. Now he is back on the other side of the world, and phone calls and skype are all that we have. Until we see each other again, we are both left with the memories. I miss his smile and I miss his laugh, but I know that the distance between us is only a number. Although it may be a large number, that is all it is and I know we both do our best to live with that for the time being. For now, we are stuck with taking in these little moments in the awesome blocks of time we spend together.

Never forget the smaller moments in life, for sometimes they hold the greatest of value. It took me a long while to understand that. Only now do I know that there is beauty in the things that are ordinary in life. 

As time flies on by, remind yourself that those seconds of time with someone are precious and irreplaceable. 

Courtney 

2 comments:

  1. WOW courtney, this is beautiful. I can only imagine how you must be feeling at the moment, it was such a lovely thing seeing you two together, let's hope Josh comes back reallllll soon. we all loved him too. Big hugs for you. Love Scooty <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...thank you :) I hope he comes back reallllll soon too. He misses us all. xo

    ReplyDelete