Wednesday 20 March 2013

Spontaneity

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail"


So just recently I came across a photo that said "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" and I thought, you know, that is not always the case. Some of the most interesting, fun, exciting and unique experiences you have in life are not planned. Oftentimes it's the surprises in life that bring you most joy. 

I understand some things have to be planned, but the little memories of moments you share with people in the most unexpected of ways are most memorable. I mean, who cares if you take a detour on a road trip? Many beautiful things in this world are there to be explored and experienced but many are overlooked because of lack of imagination, spontaneity and  a willingness to stray from the path that is seemingly put in front of you. 

Admittingly, I am a planner, but then I met this incredible and amazing man who taught me that spontaneity was fun! We would stay up until midnight just to have breakfast with love heart pancakes and hot chocolate instead of going to bed at normal hours and planning the next day. He would make me go out and do things for no reason at all and with no plan. I quickly found out that our moments of spontaneity were some of the most fun and cutest times we shared. 

So I say, plan out your future and your goals and what you want to achieve in life, but never forget to live in the moment every now and again. Get in the car and drive an hour to have coffee or fly across the world to meet the person you fell in love with. A little less planning of every second can make you happy too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment