Friday 7 September 2012

Silence is the Loudest cry


It's not something to be taken lightly...nor is it something you should ignore. It is a disease of the mind, one that is not easily cured. If you hear someone silently scream for help, don't give up on them...because it might be the last reason they needed to end their life. 


Silence is the loudest cry

You were not alone that night, I was there in thought.
I could feel your angst from where i sat, each shallow breath you caught.

I didn't really know it then, but i swear I know it now.
Things are never how they seem, I wish i could go back somehow. 

Your pain it shook the windows, your screams were oh so loud. 
Yet no one heard you over the silence, or saw the sorrow through the cloud.

Your heartbeat was a perfect sound, it filled my life with smiles. 
But now it just seems hollow, the silence stretching out for miles.

I just want you to be here again, As selfish as it might sound. 
But you were the reason that I lived, the reason my heart would pound. 

All the things you've taught me now, I wish I knew back then. 
I promise I would have saved you, Your broken wrists I could mend. 

I hope that where you are now, Is a better place to be. 
Just know that you were someone special, If only just to me. 

I will continue living, knowing we will meet again. 
You are forever in my thoughts, Right up until my very end.


~Courtney Leigh~



No comments:

Post a Comment